Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick- Bronze Orange

This is my own first ever lipstick. Yay!! I researched a lot before finally zeroing onto Maybelline lipsticks as they are pocket friendly,offer great quality & a wide variety to choose from. I decided to buy one from Maybelline Colorsensational moisture extreme range. But I was confused whether to buy mlbb types or a bright one. Since this was my first lipstick purchase I didn't want to go overboard and wanted to start with a single lipstick.
So after looking at hundreds of lip swatches online I desperately wanted to buy Maybelline "My mahogany" or Maybelline "coral pink". I finally made a list of all the cosmetics I wanted to buy and went to the store. (I was soooo excited!!!) I asked the SA to show me the 2 lipsticks that I wanted to buy, but "coral pink" was out of stock. As soon as I saw "My mahogany" I was sooooper happy. But all the happiness vanished and my smile turned into a frown when I tried the lipstick. It did not show up at all on my pigmented lips [read pink :)]. duh!! I was soo upset.
But since I was determined to buy my FIRST lipstick I decided to continue my search.

Finally I found a beautiful shade which was exactly what I was looking for. The frown again changed into a big & a wide smile :D
The shade is just sooo PERFECT for my pigmented (read pink) lips. I can wear it as mlbb with a single swipe & can build it up to an orangy/brownish/n*de shade. I love it!!! I am also surprised that nobody in the blogo-sphere has ever raved about this shade. It's a wonderfully perfect color especially for all the beauties with pigmented lips.

Shade:
Bronze Orange (CB42)


Color & Pigmentation: It shows up as a n*de orang-ish shade on my lips. It's well pigmented.
It can be worn as a MLBB with a single swipe & can be built up with 2-3 swipes into a n*de-orangy shade.

Texture:
It has a creamy & soft texture with a glossy finish. I love to reapply it. Neither does it dry out my lips nor does it settle into the fine lines.






Staying Power: It stays for 3-4 hours on me (without food) and fades away leaving a slight tint behind.

Final Verdict: This is a great product, especially for the girls with pigmented lips.I think it will suit people with fair to wheatish skin tone & might not look good on dark beauties. I will definitely be repurchasing this particular shade. It has become my HG shade now & will also love to try out other shades from this range.

Take a look how it looks on me:

without flash


with flash

P.S: Sorry for the bad pics. Most of my pics got deleted by mistake..will update this later.
Post a Comment