Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

LOTD: Blue Smokey eyes with pink lips

Happy Navratri to all of you. May Goddess Durga shower you with love and her blessings. No, today I am not doing a traditional look. Instead I had been itching to do a blue smokey eye for a long time but never actually got down to putting up a post. So, finally I went ahead with it. Follow the steps below to achieve the final look.


1. Start off with a clean and moisturized face.

2. Prime your eye lids as well as the brow area. I used Garnier tinted roll on.

3. Next, I took Lorea’l Infalliable eyeshadow in 006 All Night Blue and applied it all over my eye lids. It is a beautiful dark blue color with lots of blue and some silver specks of glitter. Do not go beyond your crease. Once you are done with patting the color on your lids, use a clean blending brush to blend out the edges into the crease area. Working with a dark smokey eye can be very tricky. You don’t want to go overboard with the dark colors that you end up looking gothic or you don’t even want to end up too light that it doesn’t really look like a smokey makeup.

4. Repeat the 3rd step 2-3 times till you get the desired intensity of color.

5. If needed use dark brown and even black eye shadow to smoke out the color on to the outer crease area. I used both these colors since I was not happy using just the blue shade.

6. Tightline your upper and lower lash line and smudge them for a softer look. I used Lakme Eyeconic Kohl in Black. Smudge the lower lashline using the same blue shade used on your lids.



7. Apply mascara on upper as well as lower lashes. I used Maybelline Hypercurl Volume Express.

8. For highlighting my browbone I used a shimmery silver eyeshadow from an ELF palette. Don't forget to clean you under eye from any fall outs.

9. Fill and shape your brows using dark brown eyeshadow.

10. Conceral your under eyes. I used Garnier tinted roll on.


11. Next, I applied Lakme Absolute mousse foundation and contoured my face and applied a pink blush.

12. I ended with a light pink mauve color on the lips. I used Mtv MUAH pop LG-05 and Revlon colorburst Lip crayon in Unapologetic.

Here is the final look. Hope you guys like it. I will soon be back with another fun makeup post. Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to see.







No comments: