Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Review: Maybelline New York Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Mascara

I am jealous of all those people who have thick, long, dark and voluminous lashes. I have few girl friends with envious lashes and even some guy friends with thick dark lashes. Then why not me??!! I have sparse and almost straight eye lashes which are hardly noticeable. So, it is obvious that I always look out for mascaras that can give me those fluttery lashes. So, recently when I finished off my Maybelline colossal mascara I thought of trying a new one and ended up buying Maybelline New York Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Mascara. Read on to see if it delivers what it claims.



Maybelline Says: Enjoy beautiful curled lashes with Maybelline New York Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Mascara.
Featuring a powerful curl-lock formula, this mascara gives you voluminous, curled eyelashes for up to 18 hours. Sweep on this mascara and add definition and drama to your eyes!
Here’s why you’ll love it:
• Has an exclusive curl-lock formula that gives you dramatically curled lashes
• Adds volume for expressiveness
• Keeps lashes curled and voluminous for up to 18 hours
• Comes in waterproof and washable variants


Price: Rs. 275

Packaging: It comes in standard Maybelline mascara packaging with a black glossy body and rose gold text. The top is as usual screw-open types. You can find the shade name at the bottom of the tube.

My view: The one I bought is in the shade “Very Black” and this is the washable variant.

The previous mascara that I was using was a water-proof one and Oh my God!! it is such a pain to remove a water proof mascara. I always ended up rubbing too hard and few of my eye lashes would always fall off in the process of removing the mascara. For someone who already has sparse eye lashes, seeing her lashes fall off is one BIG shock! For eye lashes, the rate at which they fall is always greater than the rate at which they grow. Do they even grow back ever?? Like seriously, do they??

So, I preferred buying the washable variant for the Maybelline New York Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Mascara. I like the packaging. It is pretty. The brush is little curved and the bristles are small and dense. The brush is however pretty sleek and it fails to curl my lashes.


As the name suggests Volum’ Express, Hypercurl..I was seriously expecting it to do miracles. But, it did NOT. All it does is darken your lashes and may be adds little bit of length. Thats it!! No volume, no curl. Nil. Zilch. Nada. I tried to make it work by applying the 2nd coat but that didn’t help either. Infact it clumped my lashes badly..very badly. No one likes clumped lashes. I don’t. Do you?

I am highly disappointed with this product. I had loved my colossal mascara but this one is a big failure.

This is good for everyday/office use when you just want to darken your lashes a little bit which is not very evident. They should have named it “Everyday Mascara” and then I would have definitely given it a big thumbs up but since it says hypercurl, volum’ express I expected it to do much more so it is a thumbs down from me.

Take a look at the photos below and decide yourself.

Let me know if any of you guys have used it and how you felt about it and if you are planning to buy a new mascara you can totally skip this.

Rating: 2.5/5



See from the sides. do you see any curl? I don't.



This is what I meant. So clumpy!! Ew!!



No comments: