Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review: Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence

I am a fruity and citrusy scent lover and have always hated rose and musky fragrances. I guess I once tried a rose scented deodorant which was way too strong and artificial for my liking. Since then I have never tried any rose based fragrance again. I am too scared you know!! So, when my brother-in-law (sister’s husband) brought us Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence on his way back from Dubai I wasn’t really excited.


Price: You can get this easily online for $36.00 to $50.00 or Rs. 2500.00 to Rs. 4300.00 depending upon where you get it from. It comes in 2 sizes: 50ml and 100ml.

Packaging: It comes in a white cardboard box with beautiful transparent glass bottle with an equally beautiful cap inside. Unfortunately my brother-in-law lost the cap on his way back. I had to search for a replacement. The packaging is simple yet sophisticated. The bottle looks colorless but has some hints of purple in it which you can see when the light reflects.


Scent: Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence is a floral scent with rose being the top note. When you sniff the bottle you can smell roses. But, to my surprise I quite liked this rose scent. It is very subtle, soothing and calming. I can smell some lillys as well. As the name suggests this is a very sheer fragrance, nothing over powering. Infact it is a pretty cold, subtle and a clean & fresh scent. How you get a clean and fresh feel when you smell a fresh laundry? This makes me feel the same way. I like it.

It smells sweeter on me than in the bottle. Over the course of the day, as the fragrance dies down it becomes less floral and a little heavy/musky, just a little-nothing too strong.


Staying Power: I love to wear it for special occasions or for date nights. I love how subtle and feminine it is. This is totally me. It stays for good 5-6 hours on me after which it completely disappears. I am fine with the staying power, as it is a sheer fragrance and you can’t expect it to last all day long.

Final Verdict: If you love floral and feminine fragrances, give Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence a try. I am sure you won’t be disappointed.

Rating: 4/5


No comments: