Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Review: Makeup Revolution The ONE foundation in shade 9

What do you look in for a perfect foundation?
1. Great shade range?
2. Natural finish?
3. Long staying?

Makeup Revolution The ONE foundation is all of this and so much more.


As you all know I have super oily, highly sensitive and acne prone skin. So, I like my foundations to be light and natural looking. While everyone has been going gaga over so many Makeup Revolution makeup products, I could hardly find any detailed review online about this foundation. The fact that people compare it with a lot of high end brands made me want to try it. So, ahead I went and ordered this bad boy which had been lying in my shopping cart for 2 months now.

What does the brand say?
Makeup Revolution London-the ONE foundation:
* Revolutionary fusion technology
* Adapts to skin tone and texture
* Full coverage
* Buildable
* Matte finish

First thing first, you cannot help but notice the vast color selection they have-right from the palest to the darkest shades, you are bound to find a color that would suit your skin tone. They have a total of 16 shades (01 being the palest and 16 being the darkest).
I have a fair complexion with strong yellow undertones. I was eyeing the shade 7 for the longest time and somehow at the last moment better sense prevailed and I ended up ordering the shade number 9. I would advise you to go through the swatches carefully and always compare the darker shades and see if any of those match you better than the one you have selected.

Price: Rs. 760 for 29ml product. This retails for 4 Pounds in UK, so it should have been priced at around Rs. 400 or say Rs. 500, but they have priced it at Rs. 760 which is almost double of what it is available for in UK. I think this defeats the whole purpose of coming out with affordable makeup which this brand is targeting!! Guys if you are listening, kindly work on the price. Although the packaging is really small, but it will last you a long time since a little goes a long way. Also, I am happy that I will be able to finish it up.


Ingredient List: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, isododecane, vinyl dimethicone/methicone, silsequioxane crosspolymer, isododecane (and) acrylates/ polytrimethylsiloxymeth acrylate copolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane (and) ethylhexyl palmitate (and) quaternium-90 bentonite (and) propylene carbonate, magnesium sulphate, phenoxyethanol (and) ethylexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate, BHA
May contain: titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides(Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77492), iron oxides (Cl 77499)

Packaging: The product comes in a black and golden cardboard box with the ingredient list and all the other details embossed in golden color. The actually product is in a plain opaque plastic bottle which has a nozzle to dispense the product. The nozzle is covered with a screw-on black cap. The bottle is itself in skin color and has just the brand and product name written in black on one side, while on the other side is pasted the shade number. The packaging and texture is very similar to MAC Face & Body foundation. I find the packaging to be the best for this texture and very fuss free and travel friendly as well.


Texture: The foundation is very runny. It is advised to shake the bottle well before every use. I once forgot to do it and out came very heterogeneous product. When you shake the bottle, you can feel how runny the foundation is!! It is almost as runny as water-OK may be a little less. Be careful while pouring it on your hands as it can run down if you take out too much. Also, it smells a little medicinal to me, although nothing bothersome as the smell doesn’t linger.

Finish: The foundation feels very lightweight and has a very natural satiny finish. I like the fact that this is not overtly matte but very natural. It feels very silky and smooth to apply and is very easy to blend. I use my fingers to apply this as I feel it is the best way to use it. Since it is so easy to work with it is my go-to foundation to use when I am in hurry. It almost feels like nothing on your skin but makes it look so much better in a very natural way. The fact that this is pretty sheer to start with, means one shade can suit quite a lot of skin tones. I need 2 drops on each cheek and 2-3 drops for the rest of the face. It can cling to the dry patches on your face so make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your face before applying it. Oily skin girls can opt for a light moisturizer with this as this is also little moisturising. The dry skinned beauties must moisturize heavily before using this else it would look patchy on them.


The swatch looks so dark but when applied on face this adapts to your natural color.


Coverage: The brand says it is a full coverage foundation; however, I would like to disagree. The foundation has a sheer to medium coverage which can be built up. Even when you layer it up it does not get cakey at all. This is the perfect foundation for the “good skin days”. It does not cover up any acne marks, although it can cover up light blemishes and the redness. You would need a separate concealer, if you would like to conceal the acne marks.

Staying power: It stayed on my very oily skin for a good 5-6 hours outdoors (no AC) without any touch up. I am sure it would do much better in an air conditioned environment. The fact that it did not make my already oily skin oilier is a huge plus for me as most of the foundations end up doing that. When I came back I could see that the foundation had faded but my face still looked fresh and not very oily, but glowy. I dabbed a dry tissue all over my face to soak the excess oil and I looked completely fresh again. Also, it does not oxidise at all.



Final verdict: I highly recommend this. Since, the day I have tried this I am addicted to it and go back to it again & again. It has replaced my much loved Lakme Mousse foundation as this looks more natural and is so much lighter. I want to get this in a darker shade that I can use for contouring as well.

Rating: 5/5

No comments: