Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Current Favorites | April 2016

Hey guys!!

It is time to share my current faves with y'all. So, grab a cup of coffee because this list is long.


1. Schwarzkopf Professionals Spa Essence Enriching Cream Mask:
Starting off with hair care, I have got a few products in that segment and the one that I am most excited about is Schwarzkopf Professional Spa Essence Enriching Cream Mask. This stuff is God sent for people with dry hair. Now, I have wavy, dry, frizzy hair which are prone to split ends and they are medium thick. While I look for my masks/conditioners to be moisturizing but they should not be heavy. A lot of shampoos or even masks meant for dry hair tend to do that but not this one. It moisturizes my hair, makes them soft & shiny and controls the frizz to an extent without weighing them down. It also smells good, sort of peachy and fresh and is pocket friendly too. This huge tub would last you a year if used 2-3 times a week.

I use this twice a week after shampooing. I have replaced my conditioner with this bad boy and I am loving it.

PRICE: Rs.600 for 500 ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE

2. Bblunt Intense Moisture Shampoo: I am a shampoo freak. I am always trying out new shampoos from different brands. FYI I don't use drugstore shampoos. They have never worked for me. Shampoo is one item I don't mind splurging on.

According to me this shampoo from Bblunt is suitable for normal to dry hair. People who shampoo their hair quite often must try this one. The biggest problem that I face with shampoos is that they are either too drying or just too heavy that you don't get that "clean scalp" feeling. Bblunt Intense Moisture Shampoo cleans my scalp well without making my hair dry and I feel the moisture in my hair hasn't gone anywhere. So, if you have normal to dry hair you should definitely check this one out.

PRICE: Rs.500 for 400 ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE

3. Pantene All Day Smooth Miracle Water: Next, we have this super duper light hair serum. This comes in a pump packaging which makes it very easy to use the product & to travel with. When you pump it out, you get a runny white colored lotion. But when you rub it between your palms it becomes watery and colorless, exactly like water. They have named it very aptly I must say.

I use this serum on the ends and along the length of my hair(dry or damp) and it instantly makes my hair shiny and soft. It actually works miraculously! It also smells amazing (has a sweet, floral smell. Not too strong and it lingers for a while). The effect lasts for a few hours to a day and then you would have to re-apply. The best part about this serum is that it doesn't make your hair greasy even after multiple applications. This is a quick-fix for your bad hair days. Do not expect it to repair/heal your hair. I specially love to travel with it because all the wind and dust makes my hair cray cray and this bad boy is the only thing that instantly brings life back to them.

PRICE: Rs.160 for 100ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE, HERE and HERE





4. L'oreal 6 Oil Nourish Extraordinary Oil: Honestly speaking, the main reason I bought this oil was its packaging. I mean look at that bottle ! Doesn't it look "Oh so expensive !" ? It also, smells good (has an extremely mild floral fragrance). This is a very light weight oil made from 6 different ones, but its main composition is mineral oil. Though I don't use mineral oils at all but I bought this one for its beautiful glass bottle. And it has not disappointed me.

I use this oil on my damp hair and apply it only along the length and the ends. DO NOT apply it on your scalp. Mineral oils are not meant to be applied on the scalp. L'oreal 6 Oil Nourish Extraordinary Oil makes my hair softer, shinier and good smelling. They say that it can also be used as a heat protectant. Never tried that though.

PRICE: Rs.199 for 100ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE, HERE


5. Fab India Citrus Lemon Body Wash: Moving onto the body products, this citrus-y body wash is what I am enjoying this summer. This reminds me so much of Liril. Yeah, it smells almost exactly similar. I like it because it smells lemon-y and I love all sort of lime & lemony fragrances in summers. I absolutely love how it wakes me up and gets me ready for the day. Whenever anyone is using this in my home, not only just the bathroom smells amazing but I can sniff it even in the other rooms. The fragrance definitely lingers on for around an hour. The Fab India Citrus Lemon Body Wash has a gel like runny consistency and it lathers well. It is easy to wash away and doesn't dry out my skin (Just how I like my body washes).

PRICE: Rs.300 for 250ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE

6. Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence: This is one of the best perfumes I own. It is a very subtle, elegant and a rosy scent.
"Top notes radiate with nashi pear blossom and juicy white peach. A rich floral bouquet composes the heart, featuring notes of lilac, peony, magnolia and Turkish rose. Airy musk, vanilla and cedar form the basis of the perfume."
When you first spray it, it does come across as a very strong scent. But then after few seconds it settles down into a light, fresh rosy scent. It definitely has a dominant rose fragrance. The roses in this smell very natural and refreshing.

PRICE: Rs.4000 for 50ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE


7. Oilcraft Naturals Panchpushp Facial Mist: This is my favorite facial spray EVER !! Enough said. Read more about it HERE.

PRICE: Rs.500 for 200ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE

8. Star's Cosmetics Perfect Lip Contour(Nude Rose): This is the lip color I am currently obsessed with. This is your very affordable Kylie Jenner-isque shade. Firstly I love the name Nude Rose. Doesn't it sound so sophisticated? It comes in a wooden pencil form with a cap. You have to sharpen it which is an annoying thing. The name says it all. This is a very beautiful rosy pinky nude shade. And will be suitable for medium to lighter skin tones. I love wearing it when I want to look put together but don't want to look like I have put in efforts. You know what I mean. Right? It makes me look so fresh ! The perfect summer pink I would say.

The formula of this lip pencil is quite creamy and it doesn't feel dry at all. But you must always moisturize your lips before wearing any matte lipstick or a lip pencil. It stays on my lips for good 5-6 hours with light snacking. If you eat something oily then it would wipe away almost completely, leaving behind just a light hint of color.

The only thing that I dislike about this lip pencil is that it smells a little plasticky. Not a very strong smell. You can only sniff it while applying the color. But I have noticed that a lot of lip pencils smell like that, even the ones from Maybelline or Lakme.

PRICE: Rs.199

WHERE TO BUY? HERE


9. Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Remover: I think am sure that everyone loves this product. It is the most affordable makeup remover that works brilliantly. It is a bi-phase remover with oil and water. It removes all the makeup, even the stubborn waterproof mascara, very easily. It does leave behind a greasy film, so, make sure to wash your face afterwards.

PRICE: Rs.300 for 70ml

WHERE TO BUY? HERE

10. Forest Essential Aloe Vera & Neem Body lotion: This is such a good smelling lotion. Perfect consistency, great moisturizing properties and an amazing fragrance. What else do you want?

Watch me talk about my faves:


No comments: