Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

FOTD: Festive/ Ethnic look

Holla Peeps!! I am back with a makeup tutorial again. And this time it is an ethnic look!! Since, it is the festive time of the year I thought of creating a look that can be teamed up with Indian wear. I chose to go with bronze because: a) I have never actually worn a full fledged bronze-y eyeshadow as I always thought that it makes me look sick and b) it suits the occasion perfectly. So, here we go:

1. As usual, start off with a clean and moisturized face.
2. I forgot to prime my eyes this time, but you should always do that. Especially when you don’t have the time for touch ups on those days when you are either busy attending guests or packing gifts!
3. Take a bronze eye shadow and apply it all over the eye lid. I used the bronze color form Lakme Desert rose quartet. Don’t take the color above the crease. Now take a clean blending brush and blend out the edges into the crease area for softer and smokey effect.
4. Next, I took a dark brown eye shadow and applied it in my crease area, focussing more on the outer crease.
5. Take a light brown-orange shade and diffuse the brown and bronze eyeshadows further up into the crease.
6. Take a matt black eye shadow on a pencil brush and create an outer V on the lid and blend it out with a clean blending brush. Make sure to use the black color with light hands and try to stay on the outer area only.
7. Line your upper and lower lash line with kohl and smudge it for a softer look.
8. Apply mascara. I used Maybelline Hyper curl.
9. Take a shimmery eye shadow and highlight your brow bone.
10. Fill your brows and shape them.
11. Don’t forget to conceal your under eyes. I used Garnier tinted roll on
12. Next, I applied the Lakme mousse foundation and used a bronzer to apply on the hollow of my cheeks.
13. Then I took the brown shade from the Lakme Desert rose quartet and used it as a blusher.
14. Finish off the look with a red put. Since the highlight of my look was the so I kept my lip color and the rest of the face pretty subtle.

Here is the finished look. Let me know what you guys think of it. And what are your favorite colors to use for the festive season. Much love till next time. :)










No comments: