Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Makeup Revolution London Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer - Keep Lying for you

Since the time, Makeup Revolution London has been launched, they have come out with so many amazing products at pretty affordable rates. Lot of these have been considered dupes for many high-end brands. I have tried few of their products and have loved all of them. This time I went ahead with Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer which they have launched in various shades and most of them are quite bold.


Price: I have an issue here. Jabong has priced them at Rs.700 for 2ml product while the MRP mentioned on the product is Rs.460 (inclusive of all taxes). All the Makeup Revolution products are imported by Kanvar Corporation in Delhi. So, why are these being sold at a rate much higher than its MRP?
I got it on offer for Rs.236



Packaging: It comes in a pretty rose gold cardboard packaging which has all the necessary details like the ingredient list, expiry date etc. The tube is very light weight and comes with a doe-foot applicator.




My View: Firstly, I absolutely love the quirky names. They have named most of their products like this. This shows that they are putting in so much effort into each product. The one that I bought is called “Keep Lying for you”. It is a deep, dark purple color which is apt for such a name and is also perfect for the winters.

These are liquid lipsticks which dry out matte. Now, these are said to be the dupes for Lime crime velvetines, though I myself, have never used them. These are highly pigmented, spread very easily and take few seconds to set. Once set, it doesn’t budge at all. The finish is powdery matte and the best part about these velvet lacquers is that although they are matte they are still not drying like most of the matte lipsticks. That being said, never wear any matte lip product on chapped lips. It would look horrible. Prior to using this I always scrub and moisturize my lips. These lacquers feel really light on lips and it feels like you haven’t applied anything. Also, these do not transfer and last for about 7-8 hours with just a little fading, without a meal. It also survives a meal easily.

The only issue I have with them is that while drying some of it always gets onto my teeth. I always see some powder on my teeth. You can even see it in the picture below. So, make sure you clean your teeth after applying these. Other than this, I love how these are bold, matte yet non drying and brighten up my face instantly. When I wear it I don't have to worry about any touch ups throughout the day.





Final Verdict: If you love bold lips, you MUST try these. These are super affordable and most of the times Jabong has them on offer. So, keep checking out the site.

Rating: 5/5

No comments: